- A wave of consolidation is happening in the home services industry
- In the next couple of years, this will impact all of the contractors in the industry
- Larger groups will have buying leverage from their vendors, as well as [other benefits], creating challenges for independent contractors
- How can contractors navigate the changes in the industry?
Operations and Finance Track
David is a Professional Engineer with over 19 years of industry experience.
- David works as the Vice President of Corporate Development at Friendly Group, leading the M&A strategy in the search for new partners
- He covered the Power, Utilities, & Energy Infrastructure sectors as a top-ranked Senior Equity Research Analyst at major global and Canadian banks including Macquarie Capital, CIBC World Markets, and Scotiabank Global Banking and Markets.
- Prior to that, David worked in progressive operational and corporate development roles within the gas and electric utility, Home Services, pipeline, and power segments of Enbridge Inc., one of North America’s largest energy infrastructure companies.
David earned an MBA from the University of Toronto, a Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering from Queen’s University, and holds his CFA charter.